Below are some resources you may find helpful. A few of them are provided by my church, others are from this blog, and most of them I have nothing to do with, but have found to be really helpful. If there’s something else you think I might be able to help out with, contact me.
More of a magazine than a book, this quick read introduces some challenging and hopeful ideas about how God offers us a fresh start and how we can do the same.
*Note: iBook is intended for use with iPad. All other devices, please use PDF version.
Popular subjects on this blog:
If you want to listen to my sermons, that’s pretty simple:
- Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian. Brilliant and accessible. Tim Keller is an incredible interpreter of the Bible.
- Rich Nathan, Vineyard Columbus. Passionate, deliberate, and informed. Nobody pairs cultural relevance and biblical faithfulness better than Rich Nathan.
- Matt Chandler, The Village Church. Fearless, relevant, fun. Matt Chandler makes me laugh… and cry… and then he punches me in the face. Probably my favorite preacher.
- Andy Stanley, North Point Community Church. He’s NOT simple! He’s profound. He’s just so stinkin’ clear that you don’t even realize he’s being profound.
- David Platt, The Church at Brook Hills. All Bible, all the time.
The blogosphere is a great way to learn. It’s the ultimate resource for information and misinformation! It’s also a deep, dark never-ending tunnel. I used to read scores of them every single day. Now, I’ve pared it down to just a handful that I think add real value.
- Ed Stetzer
- Jesus Creed
- Michael Hyatt
- Stuff Christians Like
- NT Wright Page
- Students of Jesus
- Without Wax
This is just a drop in the ocean. Here’s a list of the top 200 Christian blogs. Have fun!
FYI, the combination of a Google Reader account (free) and the Reeder App (10 bucks) makes reading a ton of blogs super easy, and pretty elegant, too.
This is an impossible list to make…but I’ll paint with broad strokes and see where it leaves us. My hope is that if you’re looking to do some reading, this might be a nice jumping off point for you.
- Anything by C.S. Lewis
- Anything by A.W. Tozer
- Anything by Tim Keller
- Anything by Derek Morphew
- Anything by NT Wright
- Anything by F.F. Bruce
- Anything by John Wimber
- Anything by Rich Nathan
- Anything by Gordon Fee
- Anything by Ed Stetzer
- Prodigal God, by Tim Keller
- Brain Rules, by John Medina
- Naturally Supernatural, by Gary Best
- Radical, by David Platt
- Choosing to Cheat, by Andy Stanley
- Slaves, Women & Homosexuals, by William Webb
- Note To Self, by Joe Thorn
- Surprised by Hope, by NT Wright
- Unconditional, Brian Zahnd
- Deep Church, by Jim Belcher
Tools / Apps
There are a handful of apps and study resources that I’d have a hard time getting by without.
I’ll add to these lists over time. Feel free to give suggestions or to fire away with any questions you might have, using the contact form below: